Tuesday, February 1, 2011

From One Frugal Foodie To Another

Okay, okay. So I am not a chef, & I won't claim to be. I'm just a 22 year old with a very tight budget for 2 people. I love to cook, but I love to eat more. Being on such a tight monthly food budget has taught me several things. Leftovers can be your best friend. Coupons, coupons, coupons! But most importantly, you don't have to have a gourmet chef's budget to cook like one.

I have a few goals in mind when starting this blog. I want to be able to share my food journey with my family & friends. I've discovered lots of delicious & budget-friendly recipes over the last few years that I just can't seem to keep to myself. I always have people asking for my recipes, so why not put them out there for all to use? I don't cook every day of the week. Sometimes, dinner consists of a frozen pizza & reality tv. All of my posts I will have prepared myself, exactly as I share them with you. I'm not going to lie & post a recipe that I claim to be delicious, when even my cat probably wouldn't eat it (which I highly doubt would ever happen; my cat is an even bigger foodie than I am).

Don't expect anything "all-natural" or anything that is remotely skimping on flavor. Life is too short to not be fully satisfied, especially when it comes to what you eat. Just be prepared to be very full & very satisfied after you try my recipes.

We are expecting blizzard-like conditions for the week here, so be prepared for crock pot meals this week. I have a feeling you won't be disappointed with what I have in store for you...

No comments:

Post a Comment